Transition Counselor, GSEP
Fort Belvoir VA 22060 Fed2 5965 6th Street
Job DescriptionSupports the implementation of the RCCC and GSEP programs by assisting personnel transitioning from active duty thru counseling, coordination with individuals and agencies as required in accordance with ARNG, NGB, DA guidance and policies. Develops and maintains a roster monthly to identify all Soldiers in assigned units within 180 days of ETS at each Army installation designated as a place of performance.
- Conducts bi-weekly group transition briefings to Active Component Soldiers transitioning from active duty.
- Encourages eligible Soldiers, through presentation of individually tailored benefits and options, to transition into an ARNG or USAR unit.
- Counsels and presents transition opportunities for ARNG, USAR and Army to Active Component Soldiers for the purpose of continued service and develop contracts for ARNG and USAR accessions.
- Provides individual/deskside counseling to Soldiers to determine their interest and eligibility IAW AR 601-280 for RC affiliation.
- Provides detailed information on benefits, options, incentives, and entitlements for Soldiers eligible for continued service in the RC.
- Ensures that all transition documents are complete and placed in proper order as prescribed by Appendix G, AR 601-280.
- Submits completed transition packets to the Senior Government RCCC for further processing and signature approval.
- Provides a copy of the contract to the respective State or Territory headquarters points of contact and other organizations.
- Coordinates with ARNG Interstate Transfer (IST) / In-Service Recruiter (ISR), USARC G1, to verify or request vacancies that are not loaded or restricted for fill in the RETAIN system.
General Job Information
TitleTransition Counselor, GSEP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/22/2019
Date Requisition Created8/22/2019
EducationHigh School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must have been awarded an Army 79 series MOS.
- Successfully completed the Reserve Component Transition Counselor (RCTC) course (additional skill identifier 4R).
- If candidate does not hold ASI 4R, the candidate must complete the RCTC Course (4R) within 90 days of hire or the next scheduled class.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you