Peer Support Coordinator, RCP
Joint Base Lewis-McChord WA 98433 Fed2 9059 Gardner Loop
Job DescriptionCaregiver Peer Support Coordinators (PSCs) will support military caregivers through coordinating convening of the support forums on installations in their respective regions and making known to caregivers the availability of other caregiver-related programs provided by our government clients and non-governmental support agencies.
- Supports military caregivers through coordinating convening of the support forums on installations in their respective regions and making known to caregivers the availability of other caregiver-related programs provided by our government clients and non-governmental support agencies.
General Job Information
TitlePeer Support Coordinator, RCP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/6/2019
Date Requisition Created5/6/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience associated as being a Caregiver, Social Worker, Counselor, or having worked in the Social Science field or in a medical facility with patients.
• Veteran, military spouse or experience working with military organizations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively across multiple agencies to accomplish project goals.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
• Must be in possession or successfully able to acquire a Secret Clearance.
• MS Office proficiency.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
• Prefer HIPPA Certificate.
• Prefer Bi-lingual ability to communicate with caregivers that are not proficient in English.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you