Madison WI 53703
Job DescriptionThis position develops, implements and manages learning interventions in support of employee learning and performance related projects. They will provide training and ongoing learning and development, focusing primarily on orientation/onboarding programs and other identified learning and development needs.
- Designs and develops appropriate and effective instructional materials and content.
- Delivers training through appropriate channels (e.g., classroom, teleconference, asynchronous and synchronous online) while incorporating instructional design principles and methodologies.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to work on projects, influence change management, drive training strategy and coordinate project rollouts.
- Collaborates with others to identify learning objectives and delivery methods while enhancing the adult learning experience supported by needs analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Leads/co-leads the overall design, development and delivery of learning products/services/interventions, including specific needs analysis, identification of learning outcomes , structure and design of learning product, planning, communication with relevant stakeholders, implementation and follow up on evaluations for learning transfer.
- Serves as an advocate for learning and change management in project planning meetings and effectively communicate project plans, milestones and training strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Provides training support for new and existing business initiatives or systems migrations.
- Provides leadership and consultation on process improvement initiatives; shares instructional best practices, and contributes to a virtual Learning Community.
- Maintains accurate new hire training materials and tracks each trainee’s progress through orientation/onboarding and facilitates hands-on application of knowledge to ensure proper education for the role, and documents any performance issues by reporting to management as needed.
- Delivers training sessions using blended learning techniques and current learning technologies.
- Supports Learning and Development department strategy, effectiveness, projects, processes, and teamwork environment.
- Collects, analyzes and takes action on training outcome data as needed.
General Job Information
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/14/2020
Date Requisition Created2/13/2020
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Training
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3-5 years of training experience in healthcare or insurance industry.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing projects.
- 1+ year of formal training (classroom delivery, content design and development) experience.
- Equivalent combination of related experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design, adult learning concepts, performance improvement, change management, and learning best practices.
- Ability to convert abstract ideas into concrete learning solutions and proven ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Familiarity with behavioral health and managed care business, operations, and systems migrations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective organizational, time management and communication skills, combined with attention to detail.
- Experience with a Learning Management System is required.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of managed care/utilization management policies, procedures and information systems gained from experience in a Call Center is strongly preferred.
- Experience with distance learning and learning technologies such as web-based training and authoring tools is strongly preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More