Air Force Family Advocacy Intervention Specialist (FAIS), FAP EAST
Andrews AFB MD 20762 Fed3 1191 Menoher Drive
Job DescriptionThe Family Advocacy Intervention Specialist functions as the Family Advocacy Program prevention facilitator and coordinator in addition to providing primary treatment services for assigned maltreatment and FAST cases, coordinating services for families and monitoring client participation and progress utilizing the modalities of social casework, and for psychotherapy and psycho-educational interventions.
- Directs the development and implementation of prevention services.
- Provides community behavioral health education.
- Provides family violence education.
- Provides prevention training (annually, to new personnel and leadership personnel).
- Provides resource finding and service linking.
- Provides prevention program interventions to promote protective factors and to address maltreatment risk factors.
General Job Information
TitleAir Force Family Advocacy Intervention Specialist (FAIS), FAP EAST
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/12/2020
Date Requisition Created2/12/2020
Work ExperienceBehavioral Health, Clinical
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- U.S. licensed clinical Social Worker.
- Master’s degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school.
- Two years of full-time post-master’s degree experience (within the last three years) in professional clinical counseling service programs to men, women, and children who are abusive or abused.
- Must also have experience as a group therapy facilitator or co-leader.
- Two years’ experience working with children, families, and groups in clinical or community organization settings; or as program manager, with demonstrated responsibilities in program planning with implementation of education and intervention services, and community collaboration.
- Experience working with professionals and agencies that provide community support and counseling intervention services to children and families.
- Before starting work, FAP personnel working with MTFs shall provide proof of immunization from the following diseases according to CDC guidelines: Hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and influenza, and proof of a negative TB skin test (completed within the past 12 months (if positive, proof of negative chest X-ray within the past 12 months) prior to start of work).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you