Sr Dir, Transformation Office
Job DescriptionServes a key role in planning, managing and measuring the overall activities of large scale, multi-functional projects and quality improvement initiatives across strategic business unit(s), including vendor operational integration, merger operational integration, client launches, system migration, re-engineering, operations improvement, and quality improvement activities as identified. Takes the lead in working with the executive management team on priority initiatives designed to meet strategic priorities. Has responsibility to provide project and quality management planning, execution, reporting, IT project management, and budget management.
- Development and implementation of key operational initiatives including vendor operational integration, merger operational integration and other quality and operational effectiveness activities.
- Report project status and apprise management of issues requiring resolution in order to maintain progress on a timely basis. Assists senior management with development/implementation of plan operations. On a regular basis, communicates project updates (summarizing progress, barriers, any resources needed, etc.)
- Conduct inter-functional area or inter-departmental project meetings as needed.
- Meet with Magellan operations leadership and appropriate personnel to identify the project's goals, objectives, critical quality factors, and success measures.
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary project team communications with functional/division management to include collaboration efforts with Leadership, Legal, IT, Operations, Finance, Claims, Network, Compliance, and QI (quality improvement).
- Coordinates various aspects of divisional operations by working with local leadership to ensure implementation of best practices, meeting accreditation and regulatory requirements, and meeting financial objectives. Ensures operations are attractive to the marketplace.
- Partner with leaders to identify opportunities for administrative efficiencies or quality improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting each site in identifying opportunities to leverage technology to increase efficiency and quality
- Develop and report key indices related to project expense and anticipated benefit in conjunction with Magellan Performance Measurement department employees.
General Job Information
TitleSr Dir, Transformation Office
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/11/2020
Date Requisition Created2/11/2020
Work ExperienceManaged Healthcare, Management/Leadership, Operations, Project/Program Management
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSSBB - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification - Enterprise, LSSGB - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 12+ years' project management experience in the healthcare industry.
- 7+ years of management experience in a managed care environment.
- Requires profit/loss experience and strong operational knowledge of health plan operations, claims management/resolution, customer service/call centers, network, HMO, financial, information technology and corporate project management.
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment on a fast paced team.
- Demonstrated track record of managing change with proven results in the achievement of goals (financial and performance).
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control, and monitor large-scale, multi-functional project activities.
- Ability to perform basic financial and quantitative analysis.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of information systems, quality improvements, methodologies, electronic data interchange (EDI), and e-health technologies.
- Professional certifications in Project Management, Six Sigma or ISO 9000 or other quality improvement methodologies.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.