Clinical Coach, Licensed
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionConducts coaching sessions with assigned members which includes assisting with goal development, review of goal plans, identifying barriers and necessary changes to plan to ensure success and follow up. Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques to assist and guide member through meeting goals established by the member. Assists member through process and identifying needs beyond the coaching process as appropriate. Participates in quality improvement projects to support coaching program. Manages a caseload of members as assigned. May be assigned additional special responsibilities commensurate with experience. Will be expected to coach and mentor less experienced coaches.
- Supports members through use of motivational interviewing to identify targeted area of focus and develop action plan to improve overall functioning of impairments related to targeted area.
- Coaching functions include outreach to identified members through various resources, inbound scheduled coaching sessions which may encompass lifestyle coaching, military service members or other specialty programs identified through customer needs and specifications.
- Establishes area of focus, works with member to develop plan of action to include specific areas of change, using UBPAP identified goals and motivational interviewing to move member along in goal achievement process.
- Provides relevant community resources to support goal plan or resource materials to assist in meeting objectives.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and company policies and procedures, and criteria.
- Interacts with company supervisory staff to discuss concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Leads or participates in activities as requested that help improve Center of Excellence performance, excellence and culture.
- Supports team members and participates in team activities to help build a high-performance team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in areas such as job duties and schedule in order to aid in better serving its members and help the company achieve its business and operational goals.
- Assists efforts to continuously improve by assuming responsibility for identifying and bringing to the attention of responsible entities operations problems and/or inefficiencies.
- Maintains an active work load in accordance with coaching performance standards.
- Works with community agencies as appropriate.
- Collaborates with referral sources.
- Assists network by identifying gaps in the network and quality providers.
- Advocates for the member to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
General Job Information
TitleClinical Coach, Licensed
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/11/2020
Date Requisition Created2/10/2020
EducationMasters: Counseling (Required), Masters: Nursing (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - PreferredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- 3 years' experience post degree in psychiatric and/or substance abuse health care setting, including utilization review.
- Requires a Master's level clinician with a MA, MS, M.Ed in Social Work, Counseling at a minimum or a comparable program.
- A Master's level RN with psychiatric experience with a focus in mental health would also be considered.
- Requires an active licensure; LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or comparable.
- Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers, or how to access resources as needed.
- Knowledge and experience in clinical setting.
- Knowledge of DSM V or most current diagnostic edition.
- Ability to analyze specific problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
- CEAP certification as required by management.
- Strong organizational skills with knowledge base in typing and computer systems.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”