Job DescriptionResponsible for the financial management and strategic planning for all administrative and operating costs supporting the Magellan Complete Care (MCC) business unit. Areas of focus will include financial analysis and reporting of expenses, planning/forecasting and development of strategies to drive more effective use of resources. In the process, builds relationships with IT and SBU leadership, enterprise financial operations and other functional leaders to drive performance.
Administrative Cost Analysis and Management:
- Develops consistent staffing models for all operational functions that would drive consistency, improve productivity and ensure that forecasting models align with variable changes in volume.
- Maintains cost transparency across entire MHC G&A cost structure/portfolio, including monthly variance analysis for all administrative costs. Oversees budgeting and forecasting of all administrative costs.
- Identifies cost savings and efficiency measures for all labor and non-labor costs across the organization to ensure alignment with industry competitive benchmarks.
- Identifies opportunities to improve unit costs and streamline the number and efficacy of vendors for similar services across MCC.
MCC Organizational Strategy
- Facilitates the development of information pertinent to each function (eg. activity-based metrics, ROI, etc.).
- Works with MCC leadership to coordinate the identification and sourcing of needs/gaps.
- Monitors effective utilization of resources and recommends adjustments to cost structure.
- Partners with the human capital team to identify organizational efficiency, streamline number of position titles and ensure compensation levels are consistent for comparable roles.
MHC Strategic Planning
- Establishes process for IT capital project portfolio management including ROI analysis.
- Responsible for modeling MCC’s administrative costs and capital investments in support of the enterprise 5-year strategic planning process.
- Develops benchmarks for all administrative costs and productivity measures for comparative and target setting purposes.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Financial Strategy MCC
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/9/2020
Date Requisition Created2/9/2020
Work ExperienceAccounting, Audit, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or comparable.
10+ years of progressive experience in an accounting or auditing position within managed care, health care or insurance company.
3+ years of experience in a director or controller level position interfacing with senior management.
- Broad understanding of managed Medicaid and Medicare health plan operations.
- Customer service-focused with strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strategic mindset.
- MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you