Job DescriptionPosition serves as member of our national Magellan Complete Care executive team. Responsible for the management and direction of all financial affairs for Magellan Complete Care including business strategy, account management and operations effectiveness. Specific areas of focus include customer contracting, rate negotiations, product pricing, analysis of utilization and medical cost trends, new product development and implementation with customers. This position is responsible for the prioritization and coordination of all financial analytics including analysis of financial results, forecasting/budgeting and performance measurement, as well as the application of such information to direct and educate the senior MCC management team on all business issues.
- Oversees the financial terms of all contracts and coordinates all related activities such as rate renewals/rate openers and settlements of contingencies under each contract (e.g., performance penalties/incentives).
- Analyzes and reports monthly financial results for Magellan Complete Care to leadership and appropriate staff members.
- In partnership with MCC leadership, develops and maintains long-term strategic plan for business including 5-year financial plan, including specific strategic initiatives, related investment/capital deployment requirements and cost/benefit analyses.
- Manages the preparation of the fiscal operating budget for MCC as well as quarterly forecasts and monthly forward outlook.
- Prioritizes and coordinates all cost of care analytics for business, maintain appropriate data environment (framework) to ensure relevance of information applied in management of business and partner with MCC leadership to guide operations and strategies to optimize effectiveness of care management activities.
- Monitors all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by MCC including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
- Performs special projects and other tasks, as requested by leadership.
General Job Information
TitleSVP, Chief Financial Officer - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/9/2020
Date Requisition Created2/9/2020
Work ExperienceFinance, Management/Leadership
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with communication at an executive level.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, including all senior management.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries.
- 8+ years in a managerial position interfacing with senior management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you