Quality Program Manager, HEDIS Production, Health Plan
Albuquerque NM 87113
Job DescriptionResponsible for assisting with the HEDIS production quality program for the local health plan including strategic planning, program development and leadership, HEDIS vendor oversight, and staffing. He/she serves as a member of the management team whose role is designing, implementing, and monitoring the HEDIS production program to accurately measure the health plan on HEDIS measures. He/she will maximize medical record retrieval for Hybrid HEDIS measures and coordinate production of intervention-oriented forecasting reports that identify members in need of service gap closures.
● Develops the health plan’s HEDIS project plan to support accurate HEDIS and customer-mandated HEDIS-like measurement and reporting related to annual NCQA HEDIS data submission and reporting for member and provider interventions
● Oversees all vendors that support health plan HEDIS and customer-mandated HEDIS-like measurement and reporting: (1) HEDIS Auditor, (2) HEDIS Technology, (3) Medical Record Retrieval and Abstraction, and (4) CAHPS.
● Coordinates all vendors mentioned above at the health plan and works with the national director of quality for HEDIS production to ensure that vendor contracts fulfill pertinent NCQA and health plan requirements
● Tracks vendor invoicing against health plan budget allocations
● Works with health plan executive leadership to ensure vendor alignment with health plan goals and budgets
● Analyzes HEDIS and HEDIS-like data to ensure measurement accuracy and to identify improvement opportunities at the health plan
● Implements annual HEDIS production activities including HEDIS roadmap preparation and submission, audits, medical record retrieval and abstraction, CAHPS surveys, and customer-mandated HEDIS-like measure production and reporting
● Implements initiatives to ensure programs accomplish objectives in a timely and successful manner
● Directs and supervises quality staff at the health plan to meet HEDIS production goals, including opportunity identification, program design, and impact analysis and program evaluation
● Oversees annual HEDIS production project plan at the health plan and ensure that it addresses all necessary aspects, vendors, stakeholders, deliverables, and due dates
● Annually evaluates health plan’s HEDIS production project plan to identify opportunities for improvement based on lessons learned during the prior year
● Coordinates all HEDIS production stakeholders, subject matter experts, process owners, and quality staff at the health plan to ensure deliverables are met on time and at high quality
● Oversees HEDIS and HEDIS-like reporting at the health plan
● Delivers timely reporting to business partners on pre-determined schedule
● Provides consultation to business partners regarding HEDIS
● Drive the health plan’s quality initiatives related to HEDIS and HEDIS-like measures
● Manages health plan team: hiring and training, performance and salary reviews, promotions and disciplinary matters for direct reporting employees
General Job Information
TitleQuality Program Manager, HEDIS Production, Health Plan
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/12/2020
Date Requisition Created2/5/2020
Work ExperienceHealth Plans, Quality
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of healthcare quality improvement experience. HEDIS experience.
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and performance measurement.
- Demonstrated skills in project management.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Expertise in word processing and data management software.
- Managed behavioral health and accreditation processes.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards related to the book of business.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you