Lead Customer Care Associate
Latham NY 12110 15 Cornell Rd
Job DescriptionSupports the Operations Manager, servicing a specified set of customers. This position is the primary resource responsible for the coaching of Customer Care operations team members, and ensuring they follow appropriate guidelines and processes in delivering a high caliber, efficient level of service to members, providers and health plan representatives. The Lead supports a team environment which motivates staff to deliver operational excellence and strive for first call resolution.
- Serves as the primary resource for Customer Care team members and drives the highest level of performance on all nonclinical processes end to end.
- Assists with quality monitoring and provides constructive feedback.
- Mentors new staff and coaches staff on improvement plans.
- Collaborates with Manager and implements plans to ensure team achieves specific goals in support of client, team and overall operations goals. Be a champion for first call resolution strategy.
- Motivates and encourages team members to excel.
- Supports a team environment that contributes to a high degree of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Assists with team incentives and fosters constructive interoffice team competition to motivate and reward performance excellence.
- With collaboration with Manager and Workforce Management Team, monitors team performance levels on an ongoing basis to ensure telephone and timeliness goals are achieved.
- Assists with calls and queues on an as needed basis.
- Assists with data collection and reporting of performance results for scorecards, SERP, shift bid, and other measurement tools.
- Reviews and analyzes daily metrics for staff to ensure compliance, identify trends, and implement action plans to address issues.
- Communicates process changes and new customer requirements to team members.
- Assists in modifying materials and providing training as needed to accommodate customer needs.
- Serves as the primary backup in the Manager's absence, providing direction and guidance to the team.
General Job Information
TitleLead Customer Care Associate
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/3/2020
Date Requisition Created2/3/2020
Work ExperienceCustomer Service
EducationAssociates, High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must be flexible in scheduling and comfortable with change as customer service is an ever-changing environment.
- Responsible for meeting call handling requirements and daily telephone standards as set forth by management.
- Must agree to observing service for the purpose of training and quality control.
- Must be a proficient typist (avg. 35+ WPM) with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to maneuver through various computer platforms while verifying information on all calls.
- Must be able to talk and type simultaneously.
- 3+ years in a call center lead role, preferably in the health care industry.
- Associates Degree preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More