Job DescriptionCollects data and provides analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas. Has sole responsibility for some small to medium size analytical projects. May be dedicated to a single department or business unit.
- Assists in the identification of key business issues and the design of analytic approaches. Conducts research on identified key business issues. Provides oversight and direction to analysts and assigned components of project work. Evaluates and distills analyses conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants.
- Assists in developing and utilizing data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and/or interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses. Extracts data for analysis and interpretation.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects and functional areas. Structures and executes analysis independently.
- Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management. Recommends suggested action steps based on the analytic results.
- Prepares reports synthesizing analytical results, highlighting implications of findings. Follows through any further actions based on the results using sound business judgment.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects.
- Contributes to practice development and department administration including, recruiting, debriefing on training, and developing thought pieces on topics like change management. May provide input to performance reviews of others in the department.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Data and Reporting Analyst - Healthcare Claims
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/3/2020
Date Requisition Created1/29/2020
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Mathematics (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5-7 years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics or related field.
- May consider an additional 3-4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
- Managed care experience preferred.
- Database management strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.