IT Analyst - Claims
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis position will analyze, evaluate and test business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. Collaborate across IT to understand features and technical implementation and ensure highest quality product delivery. Learn rapidly and enthusiastically, focusing on understanding the application/product/area in detail.
- With limited guidance, participate in requirements documentation, business systems configuration and defining/execution of acceptance criteria. Document issues and participate in their resolution.
- Track and measure metrics for key processes to deliver measurably differentiated business outcomes.
- With limited guidance develop, deploy, and execute test strategies to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Assist in design and implementation of scalable and efficient tools and processes to support all aspects pharmacy operations.
- Test applications and products at the user level, both manually and with automated tools
- Work closely with cross functional teams and across boundary organizations to gather requirements, assist in defining solutions.
- Test applications and products at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
- Understand product testing in detail and update the test case with test execution results.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleIT Analyst - Claims
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date2/7/2020
Date Requisition Created1/28/2020
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Associates: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Software delivery experience including Agile Methods.
- Hands-on coding experience.
- Experience working with industry standard claims, billing or EHR systems.
- Bachelor or Associate degree courses in Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Information Design, Mathematics or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and problem solving tools/techniques.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with analytical programming languages such as SQL.
- Ability to develop process flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of Agile Methods.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you