PHARMACY TECHNICIAN- VRx Retail Pharmacy (No nights or weekends)
Salt Lake City UT 84111 50 East South Temple
Job DescriptionPHARMACY TECHNICIAN I
Job Profile Summary
Performs the basic duties of a pharmacy technician in all designated sites. Including and not limited to, prescription data entry, as well as communicate and coordinate with all parties necessary to insure timely shipping and delivery of prescription orders. Pulls and labels medication for pharmacist verification. Packs medications appropriately and affixes a shipping label after the order has been verified by a pharmacist. Performs all basic duties of a pharmacy technician allowable by legal licensure and registration.
General Job Information
TitlePHARMACY TECHNICIAN- VRx Retail Pharmacy (No nights or weekends)
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/27/2020
Date Requisition Created1/27/2020
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/ExCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy, Pharmacy Intern - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- CPT, PTCB or Pharmacy intern license as required by applicable state laws.
- CPT: Certification/licensure in accordance with state requirements. In the states of Florida, Rhode Island and Michigan, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.
- National Certification such as PTCB or ExCPT: Certification or the ability to obtain certification within one year of hire. Employees in states which require a Pharmacy Technician certification/registration exam may substitute state certification/registration for the national certification.
- Specialty or retail pharmacy industry experience, previous reimbursement experience, and/or working in a health plan/health care setting.
- Proficiency in Pharmacy computerized systems and software applications, as well as MS Office Product Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and trouble-shoot problematic issues.
- Pharmacy technician experience in prescription entry, picking, labeling and preparing medication orders for pharmacist verification.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you