Job DescriptionWe are seeking a candidate who will work remotely and lives in either Pasco County or Pinellas County, Florida.
The Peer Specialist provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. This position performs a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes. This position will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices.
- Assist members in identifying person-centered goals to realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
- Provides information and support to assist members in effectively developing Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) as needed based on member’s choice.
- Models and collaborates to develop problem solving techniques with members.
- Shares resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
- Employs strategies to engage members who do not keep appointments to identify barriers and obstacles and collaborate to find solutions.
- Meets members in inpatient settings and assist in identifying what lead to the crisis and in implementing relapse prevention strategies and assist in transitions from different treatment settings.
- Promotes community participation/inclusion as a strategy to prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
- Links members to community-based peer, parent, and family support services.
- Serves as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
- Documents all interactions according to company standards.
- Travels to meet members within a 50 mile radius
General Job Information
TitleCertified Recovery Peer Specialist
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/23/2020
Date Requisition Created1/23/2020
Work ExperienceLived Experience With Mental Health/Substance Abuse Recovery
License and Certifications - RequiredCPRS/CPS/CPSS/CRPS/PRSS, Peer Specialist, State Requirements - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must be a self-identified current or former user of mental health/substance abuse or co-occurring services who can relate to others who are now using those services.
- Must have a vehicle in good, working condition with the ability to travel within the field regularly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Knowledge of local system of services, resiliency and recovery principles and tools, such as wellness recovery action plans, wraparound process, and community-based peer, family and parent support organizations and services.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent strengths and needs of individuals served in clinical settings; must be able to draw from your own experiences.
- Ability to summarize and document findings in electronic health records.
- Must be able to work effectively and prioritize in a fast-paced environment in order to meet the demands of the organization.
- Understanding of wellness strategies, coping skills and collaborative process.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”