Senior HR Coordinator
Sacramento CA 95814
Job DescriptionThe California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is transforming the way pharmacy services are managed and delivered. This fee-for-service program is the largest and most diverse Medicaid Program in the nation, serving over 13 million members.
Magellan Medicaid Administration, the pharmacy services administrator at Magellan Rx Management, was awarded the contract and is now hiring A-game talent to take part in this movement. Our mission is to lead humanity to healthy, vibrant lives and we are excited to partner with the State of California and a team of dedicated people who are passionate about shaping the future of pharmacy care.
Are you a bright, articulate, detail-oriented HR Coordinator with outstanding problem solving and communication skills? We are looking for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to join our team and undertake a variety of HR duties. You will be part of an ambitious HR team working on different functions such as recruiting, training, etc.
As an ideal candidate, you will have a broad knowledge of human resources as well as experience with general administrative duties.
Handles various levels of HR related inquiries from employees and managers.
- Provides front-line assistance to employees and managers regarding HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for problem-solving, resolving questions and documenting calls.
- Supports recruiting and on-boarding as needed.
- Other support and duties as required.
- Proven experience as HR Coordinator
- In-depth knowledge of human resources operations and best practices
- Hands on experience in using MS Office, databases and HRIS systems
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Answering employee requests and questions
- Coordinate and delegate the task to the appropriate person of the team
- Assisting in the recruitment and interview processes
- Formulating methods to improve employment policies, processes and practices as well as recommending changes to management.
General Job Information
TitleSenior HR Coordinator
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/23/2020
Date Requisition Created1/23/2020
Work ExperienceHuman Resources
EducationBachelors: Human Resources
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in administrative support in high volume HR function.
- Prior federal contracting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Workday or comparable HR system preferred.
- Basic Human Resources knowledge (benefits, employment law, employee relations, HRIS).
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More