Job DescriptionLeads the development and delivery of business analytical needs that support continuous improvement through the maximization of asset utilization and waste reduction. Deploys Lean, Six Sigma, Design Thinking and Kaizen programs and initiatives, and participates in directing teams to achieve desired results using these continuous improvement methodologies. Directs and oversees the analysis, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of key projects to help achieve organizational goals while measuring business process improvements. Functions as the lead resource for providing operational efficiencies with supporting statistical analysis ensuring quality of functions. Coaches assigned Continuous Improvement Sprint Teams and Kaizen Teams on the conduct of projects. Co-facilitates Continuous Improvement Training sessions. Leads large cross-functional projects and implementations by using standard project management methodologies. Leads and mentors other process improvement analysts and assists them with process improvement efforts, implementations and project management.
- Analyzes existing processes with focus on identifying gaps, non-value added steps, and other impediments to efficient operation. Provides insight and analysis on trends and issues in respective areas of expertise that will promote and influence continuous improvement.
- Develops, tests and implements new improvement training programs and materials. Revises existing training materials through feedback and updates. Teaches and trains teams and individuals on the application of problem specific tools to support improvement activity.
- Leads, organizes and facilitates cross-functional teams to achieve improvement objectives. Implements course corrections as needed during process improvement implementations.
- Develops metrics against which improvement impact can be measured and ensures those metrics are met or exceeded. Researches and identifies relative benchmarks to be used in the establishment of daily management measures to assure compliance with standard work.
- Develops, maintains and revises work plans as appropriate for specific area of expertise. Monitors outcomes. Integrates work with other departmental initiatives and revises as needed.
- Develops, maintains and revises project plans for large cross-functional projects. Keeps projects and project participants on task. Tracks progress against project goals and updates key stakeholders on progress of project goals.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to overcome barriers to achieving project goals.
- Serves as a resource, coach and mentor for other Process Improvement Analysts and Project Managers to ensure appropriate methodologies are deployed with projects and project goals are met.
- Works with Technologies and Systems Implementation teams to assure process changes are identified, implemented and optimized to meet ROI targets.
- Performs other duties as needed.
General Job Information
TitleLead Process Improvement Analyst - Lean Six Sigma, Design Thinking
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/27/2020
Date Requisition Created1/23/2020
Work ExperienceOperations, Project/Program Management, Quality
EducationMasters: Business Administration (Required), Masters: Finance (Required), Masters: Mathematics (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLSSBB - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification - Enterprise
License and Certifications - PreferredCAPM - Certified Associate in Project Management - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a Healthcare or other service environment required with 7+ years leading Process Improvement projects.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an operations environment required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in metrics analysis required.
- Experience facilitating successful Lean Six Sigma projects with demonstrated ROI.
- Knowledge and understanding of related Information Technology trends.
- Ability to use computer, printer, and software programs necessary (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong knowledge of project management software such as MS Project, Access, and other project management tools for task tracking and team collaboration efforts.
- Strong knowledge of Visio software.
- Ability to develop workflows, process documentation, flow charts, and procedure documentation.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis software such as Minitab or SAS, and skillfully facilitating business decisions utilizing data analytics.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others; work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; lead, supervise, teach, and collaborate; accept direction.
- Ability to deal effectively with people and elicit support from other department areas, vendors, and customers.
- Excellent analytic, communication, and documentation skills.
- Organize technical work; demonstrate excellent planning, problem solving, data collection, analysis, documentation, presentation and organization skills; analyze and interpret data, processes and needs based on limited information; organize work and resources; define problems and solutions, prioritize work load; make recommendations; manage time effectively and plan and implement objectives effective.
- Critical thinker.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Perform basic math and statistical functions.
- Manage multiple assignments; compose written material; work well under pressure; recall information with accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of preferred project management methodologies.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.