Contract Project Manager
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionResponsible for the management of a variety of projects for corporate and/or strategic business unit (SBU). Provides support through the planning and execution of these projects. Support may include establishing deadlines, assigning resources/responsibilities and monitoring and summarizing progress of projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Meets with business process owners and key stakeholders to identify the project's goals, objectives, critical success factors, and success measures.
- Develops a detailed project charter to serve as a critical communication tool for key stakeholder buy in and set expectations.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, including meeting facilitation and documentation.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to project team members.
- Effectively applies Magellan's methodology and enforces project standards using Microsoft Project or other approved toolkit templates.
- Prepares for project reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project, appropriately raising awareness on at-risk items.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news that may impact project scope.
- Provides status reporting to stakeholders on a regular basis. Apprises management of issues requiring resolution in order to maintain progress on a timely basis.
- Prepares reports and/or dashboards for enterprise project activity.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Conducts lessons learned to continually improve processes.
- Contributes to, implements, and maintains best practices and project management policies and guidelines.
- Prepares Business Case and Return on Investment (ROI) to show impact to the business.
- Assists in the development of resource management and project financial materials.
General Job Information
TitleContract Project Manager
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/20/2020
Date Requisition Created1/20/2020
Work ExperienceProject/Program Management
EducationGED, High School
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSSBB - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification - Enterprise, LSSGB - Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesPreferred Qualifications:?Education: Bachelor s degree in Management, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience.Experience: 1-3 years project management or job related experience in a medium to large-scale corporation.Basic understanding of lifecycle methodology and experience with projects from initiation to deployment.Basic understanding of PMI methodology and deliverable tools.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Knowledge of project management software (i.e. MS Project).Ability to develop and maintain multiple project plans.Leadership, facilitation and intpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team dynamic.Organization, communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.Basic background or knowledge of information and/or health-care management is a plus.Minimum Requirements:Education: ?BA/BS.Experience: 5-8 years.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.