Sr. Technical Writer - Pharmacy Documentation Specialist
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionPlan, develop, and ensure completion of all documentation elements in a standardized, timely manner, and communicate all changes in documentation to appropriate management. Types of documentation included in the scope of this position are Standard Operating Procedures, training materials, account presentations, RFPs, and other documentation as needed.
- Writes documentation, obtain appropriate approvals of completed documentation, and distribute to appropriate end users.
- Edits documentation language to ensure compliance with requirements and to ensure readability and user-friendly communication to targeted audience. Standardize delivery of documentation.
- Meets with appropriate staff and other subject matter experts throughout Magellan to develop documentation, review, and analyze requirements for accurate and compliant documentation.
- Coordinates with trainers and assure training documentation is current and accurate.
- Maintains documentation change control process for revisions and archiving of historical documentation.
- Oversees daily updates on Magnet site, ensuring documentation is posted timely and easily accessible to users.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Technical Writer - Pharmacy Documentation Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/20/2020
Date Requisition Created1/20/2020
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Instructional Design
EducationBachelors: Communications (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze documentation to determine customer requirements.
- Ability to translate directions, processes, and customer requirements into effective desk top reference text and job aids.
- Ability to work closely with staff to develop documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of managed healthcare experience writing and documenting detailed procedures.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.