Job DescriptionWe are looking for a candidate who will work remotely and resides anywhere within Virginia. This position will support children with special healthcare needs within foster care and adoption assistance programs.
This position is regionally/locally based and meets with members to ensure ongoing care coordination services are identified and met using a person-centered approach. The Care Coordinator provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources, communication with members on a monthly basis, or more frequently as requested, depending on the individual’s needs and preferences. For members, contact shall be at a frequency of at least every 90 days, even if the member requests less frequent contact.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT); leads ICT process and meetings; facilitates communications among relevant parties.
- Monitors the provision of services as outlined in the Individual Care Plan (ICP) and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provides communication and education regarding available services and community resources in a mode and manner that is culturally and developmentally appropriate and considers the member’s physical and cognitive abilities and level of literacy; assists member in developing self-management skills to effectively access and use services.
- Manages assigned case load.
- Participates in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) process.
- Assesses for appropriate changes or additions to services, facilitates referrals for the members, and ensures the ICP is updated as necessary.
- Ensures that appropriate mechanisms are in place to receive enrollee input.
- Ensures member complaints and grievances are submitted according to the policies and procedures.
- Actively participates during care transitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleFoster Care/Adoption Care Coordinator - Children with Special Health Care Needs
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/20/2020
Date Requisition Created1/20/2020
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Bachelors: Nursing
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must have at least 1+ years of clinical experience managing care of children with special health care needs.
- Foster care/adoption and behavioral health experience
- Must be a Registered Nurse or an independently licensed behavioral health clinician in the state of Virginia.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”