Columbia MD 21046 6950 Columbia Gateway Drive
Job DescriptionResponsible for the intake and initial handling of allegations of fraud, waste or abuse. Conducts preliminary investigation to assess the merit of an allegation through fact gathering and analysis of data. Uses independent judgment to conclude preliminary investigation in accordance with procedures or to present to management to recommend for audit or investigation. Serves as a corporate resource on fraud, waste and abuse issues and maintains confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA privacy requirements and applicable state and federal regulations.
FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE DETECTION:
- Maintains caseload of incidents with low to medium priority and complexity.
- Prioritize and manage workload to meet internal performance metrics, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Analyze data to find suspicious patterns and outliers using knowledge of healthcare coding conventions, fraud schemes, and general areas of vulnerability.
- Contact referrer, member, provider, or witnesses to gather additional information, facts and supporting documentation.
- Collaborate and refer non-SIU related issue and activities to external departments (Cost Containment, Networks, Clinical) for handling.
PACKAGING OF FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Organize data and document preliminary investigative steps with a high level of detail and accuracy, to clearly and concisely support conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide backup support to team members (SIU Coordinator and Senior SIU Specialist) in the performance of job duties as assigned.
- Successfully complete required training sessions and continuing education credits.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/17/2020
Date Requisition Created1/17/2020
Work ExperienceClaims, Fraud Investigations
EducationGED, High School
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCFE - Certified Fraud Examiner - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner credential preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of managed health care business model and processes, preferably in behavioral health, radiology or pharmacy.
- 3+ years' fraud investigations/claims experience.
- Ability to manage workload while simultaneously working on multiple projects and cases with timely and accurate results with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical abilities to review and evaluate information such as claims data, suspicious patterns and other supporting information related to case allegation.
- Requires the verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact and communicate conclusions and recommendations to management and customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint with ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
- Knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT/HCPS/Revenue codes, insurance terms and policy interpretation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you