Housing Program Specialist
Richmond VA 23233
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the overall management, administration, and new development of affordable housing program resources for members. Monitors the work of Residential Services activities as they relate to the Strategic Plan for Housing, provides technical assistance and support to providers and staff, the State and other community stakeholders in the administration of the state’s Housing Programs; provides training and collaborates with the State, neighborhood associations, non-profit and government agencies, explores opportunities for affordable housing, monitors housing stock, and manages residential housing placement.
- Provides communication, coordination and linkages regarding housing programs to appropriate staff.
- Conducts housing training for new and existing care coordinators, stakeholders, providers and social service agencies on Housing programs.
- Works closely with Appeals and Customer Care on matters related to housing.
- Provides technical assistance, trains and confers with Care Coordinators, Providers and local agencies on landlord tenant issues and housing provider termination issues.
- Reviews occupancy agreements, leases and assist in mediating disputes between landlords, housing providers and members to resolve complaints
- Assists in planning and developing assisted and affordable housing and related programs; performs site evaluations to determine a property's appropriateness for assisted or affordable housing, conducts research to determine the impact of federal regulations, to keep informed of new housing programs and determine the need for housing in the local community; demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
General Job Information
TitleHousing Program Specialist
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/16/2020
Date Requisition Created1/16/2020
Work ExperienceMedicare, Project/Program Management
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years experience servicing Medicare and Medicaid populations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Related Affordable Housing Program experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.