Business Intelligence Specialist
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionAnalyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other information objects. The primary focus of the job deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects.
Position will be responsible for creative direction of decision support applications, maintenance, and updates. Position is responsible for configuration of various existing applications including NIDD and others. Position is responsible for understanding and applying normalization techniques to inbound provider files. Position is responsible for large scale SQL logic development that drives application and other tools for internal & external stakeholders. Position is responsible for maintaining ETL job schedules and ensuring effective use of resources. Position is responsible for creative dash boarding and information delivery including ad-hoc and scheduled reporting.
May direct or work in teams with others as a representative of the team.
Education: Undergraduate education in MIS, Computer Science, or related fields
Preferred: Graduate certification in Business Intelligence and/or MSIS
.net, ETL experience (SSIS or similar), data modeling (normal forms), business process design or Business Statistics would be helpful.
Experience with SQL and entity relationship diagrams. Familiarity with database science & normal forms. Familiarity with data cleansing and ETL techniques. Experience with reporting & information delivery under tight deadlines. Experience with BI tools such as MS BI stack. Working knowledge of advanced statistical models, such as time series decompositions and regression techniques. Application development & configuration experience, SDLC, and .net experience.
General Job Information
TitleBusiness Intelligence Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/22/2020
Date Requisition Created1/16/2020
Work ExperienceBusiness Intelligence, IT
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Prior experience using data warehousing and/or ETL technologies.
- Demonstrated abilities in various forms of data modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- Prior experience working with data and reports for decision making or analytical purposes.
- Experience working with end users and customers, preferably with training and demonstrating solution capabilities.
- Experience implementing new technological solutions in a business setting.
- Prefer experience using multiple databases or data platforms and business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization tools.
- Master Data Management, Data Stewardship, or Data Governance experience.
- Experience with business operations systems, particularly those that may be in use in a Pharmacy Benefit Management setting (Claims Processing, Prior Authorization, Telephony, Membership, etc.).
Consideration will be given as to the candidate's proficiency and ability to contribute in the role based upon the following:
- Professional/related publications written and/or contributed to
- Contributions to Blogs
- Technical certifications such as those offered by SAS, IBM, Microsoft
- Disciplinary certifications such as Scrum, Project Management Institute (PMI), Business Analysis
A bachelor’s degree in business intelligence, management information systems, mathematics, statistics, analytics, computer and information sciences or similar is required. Will substitute an additional five or more years of direct experience in business intelligence, data analytics or statistics in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
2+ years of work experience in BI or related discipline, other employment or volunteer activities or demonstrated proficiency in Business Intelligence/Analytics project activities through successful initiatives that demonstrate competence that goes beyond what is typical of individuals with 2+ years of work experience.
Prior experience as a Business Intelligence Developer/Analyst or Data Analyst supporting business intelligence, reporting, analytics or data warehouse projects.
Experience researching and implementing new information systems in a business setting.
Demonstrated ability to leverage Business Intelligence and data visualization tools to deliver business value; examples include, Cognos, SAS, R, Qlik, OracleBI and SQL Server Reporting Services/PowerBI, Micros Strategy, Tableau, etc.
Hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.