Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Screening Specialist who resides in La Crosse County, Wisconsin.
This position is responsible for completing the Adult Long-Term Care Functional Screens (LTC-FS) for participants of the IRIS program. This includes completing annual rescreens and any change in condition screens using the Adult LTC-FS tool.
- Complete the Adult Long Term Care Functional Screen (LTC-FS) for IRIS participants as required and outlined in the Wisconsin Adult LTC-FS Instructions. This includes completing collateral contacts to verify screen findings with IRIS Consultants, MAPC agencies and day programs and verifying diagnosis information with physicians and or SSA.
- Comply with documentation and program regulations, guidelines and meet screening quota.
- Maintain screening skills by participating in weekly team meetings, monthly All Screener Meetings, quizzes and testing.
- Collaborate on the development, process improvement and ongoing quality management of services and related materials/ products.
- Provide data reports and summaries as needed.-Other duties as assigned by management.
General Job Information
TitleScreening Specialist - La Crosse County
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/16/2020
Date Requisition Created1/14/2020
License and Certifications - RequiredDL - Driver License, Valid In State - Other
License and Certifications - PreferredLTCFS - Long Term Care Functional Screen Certification - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree in health or human services or related field.
- Must pass the Wisconsin Adult Long-term Care Functional Screen certification modules (80% or higher on each module) within first week of hire and maintain certification as a screener. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently certified or who have been certified in the past.
- 1+ years of experience working with one of the target groups served by the IRIS program (adults with physical or intellectual disabilities or older adults).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team or autonomously.
- Flexibility in the work environment and willingness and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, maintain adequate auto insurance for job-related travel and ability to travel within Wisconsin and other states as necessary.
- Demonstrated computer and software skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other software.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”