Senior Compensation Consultant - Remote!
Job DescriptionAssists with the development and implementation of various compensation programs and policies, and helps to ensure these programs and policies are administered properly and in accordance with legal guidelines. Supports assigned business groups by providing analyses and guidance to HR Business Consultants (HRBCs) and business group managers to ensure consistent application of compensation guidelines, policies, and practices in support of prudent compensation decision making. Conducts annual benchmarking and modeling for assigned business groups. Works closely with the Compensation Technologist to identify and test new Workday configurations. Assists and monitors annual and quarterly compensation processes for assigned business groups as appropriate.
- Provides compensation policy interpretation and guidance to HRBCs and managers. Coordinates and conducts research and analysis of compensation practices, programs and trends, and recommends solutions based on findings.
- Completes complex compensation projects and collaborates with colleagues or business managers as appropriate
- Evaluates requests for new jobs or revisions to existing jobs, to determine market competitiveness and ensure adherence to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) regulations. May write or revise job descriptions. Assists in maintaining a job repository.
- Participates in annual compensation surveys and conducts benchmarking analyses for assigned business groups in order to maintain competitiveness in compensation programs and market trends. This includes assisting with job matching, data submission, and reviewing results.
- Collaborates with the Compensation Technologist to develop, administer or modify existing compensation programs or processes to support compensation program administration in Workday.
- Assists with the employee relocation program and provided benefits.
- Reviews compensation policies and practices for compliance with applicable regulations and recommends improvements as needed.
- May help with the preparation of monthly and quarterly equity reports, and annually assist with compiling data for the proxy. May assist with the annual long-term incentive grant process.
- May draft or edit communication materials for compensation programs such as announcements, web pages, toolkits, and education materials.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Compensation Consultant - Remote!
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/9/2020
Date Requisition Created1/9/2020
Work ExperienceHuman Resources
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCCP - Certified Compensation Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
Knowledge of designing salary structures and job evaluation techniques. Knowledge of incentive plan design and modeling. Excellent analytical problem-solving abilities. Must be able to proficiently manipulate large amounts of data and conduct analysis, run reports in various software applications and summarize for decision making or official reporting. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Intermediate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills. Strong customer service skills including timely follow-up on outstanding issues/problems. Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with peers, employees, managers, Human Resources and Finance personnel in a professional manner. Ability to perform a majority of tasks of an independent nature, work under pressure and here to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, work independently, and handle stress effectively despite short time constraints while displaying a can-do attitude.
Eight or more years human resources experience with a minimum of four years of experience in compensation. Experience in compensation program design and administration, data analysis, job evaluation, and salary survey participation are essential. Knowledge of FLSA regulations is required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More