Sr. Project Manager (Agile)
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionLooking for a Sr. Project Manager with a lot of Agile Experience who can look at it things from a program level. Ideal candidate will be able to coach and mentor Iteration Managers / Project Managers. Should be able to drive program level initiatives along with mentoring and coaching in different streams.
Ideal candidate would have great communication skills, a strong process-oriented through process, and a deep understanding of Agile.
This position is responsible for providing direction to a team of IT Project Managers. Responsibilities include the administrative duties of hiring, purchasing of equipment, conducting employee reviews, staffing and other resource management tasks. Provides guidance and mentoring to staff. Participates in budget preparation and tracking.
- Provides direction to a team of IT Project Managers.
- Performs administrative duties of hiring, purchasing of equipment, conducting employee reviews, staffing and other resource management tasks.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to staff.
- Participates in budget preparation and tracking.
- Estimates feasibility, time and effort of projects and tasks via the Project Portfolio Management committee.
- Supports projects through appropriate resource assignments.
- Guides and monitors projects and tasks to successful completion.
- Maintains procedures and processes to ensure quality control.
- Sets team goals and prioritizes tasks to align with company and department objectives and communicates these goals to team members.
- Measures progress and results of team performance.
- Ensures that project managers understand and follow best practices for software development and project management.
- Recommends, develops and implements repeatable project management processes and best practices.
- Manages all aspects of team staffing including hiring, employee retention, employee development and training.
- Assists staff in maintaining constant communication with customers, both internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides status reports to Management as appropriate, highlighting risks and issues.
- Helps prepare and manage budget.
- Coaches and mentors other IT Project Managers in lean/Agile methods.
- Drives servant leadership and coaches other IT Project Managers on this quality.
- Empowers the teams to be self-organizing.
- Empowers the teams and stakeholders to make decisions.
- Measures and reports progress frequently using agile metrics.
- Creates Product Roadmap and Release Plan in partnership with POs and IMs.
- Leads coordinating practices in Agile methods such as Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Grooming etc.
- Coaches and assists Product Owners in prioritization, 3-Amigo Reviews and other PO activities.
- Leads and facilitates Scrum of Scrums with related projects/teams.
- Develops and maintains project charters, detailed project plans, weekly status updates and provides problem resolution.
- Creates and maintains WBS, RACI, Stakeholder Register and detailed Project Management plan.
- Manages dependencies across projects.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis.
- Leads in the establishment and facilitation of internal IT project.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Project Manager (Agile)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/22/2020
Date Requisition Created1/9/2020
Work ExperienceIT, Project/Program Management
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCSM - Certified Scrum Master - Enterprise, PMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of planning, leading and maintaining high quality, projects.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you