Healthcare Data Analyst
Cambridge MA 02141 58 Charles Street
Job DescriptionCollects financial and clinical utilization data, primarily through Microsoft SQL Server, to provide analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas. Has shared responsibility for small to medium size analytical projects. May be dedicated to a single department or business unit.
- Works with designated department to assess, define, and develop report deliverables to meet internal and customer requirements.
- Designs appropriate data repository and reporting tools that will be used to organize, analyze, and report data.
- Queries data bases to extract information needed to develop reports.
- Compiles data and other information from multiple data sources.
- Supports the development of standard reports.
- Interprets, analyzes and provides recommendations regarding data accuracy and data collection needs and processes.
- Works with business unit(s) to identify opportunities to enhance existing and to develop new data information processes and tools.
- Continuously assesses and improves data collection and reporting processes.
- Coordinates or independently completes special projects.
- Assists staff members with more complex and detailed projects including root cause analyses, trended reporting and analyses which support continuous quality improvement leading to actionable information.
- Participates and supports staff training related to data collection and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleHealthcare Data Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/9/2020
Date Requisition Created1/9/2020
EducationAssociates: Business Administration (Required), Associates: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities- Managed care experience preferred.- Database management strongly preferred.
- Strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.