Lead Medical Economics Analyst - Florida
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionSupports analytical needs for assigned business unit, working with national and local leadership as needed to drive cost efficiency and quality within the market/business. Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers and trends to Med Econ leadership. Uses technical skills to efficiently respond to analytical requests, as well as pro-actively build tools and reports that will improve market/business intelligence. Accountable for ensuring analytics are timely and accurate.
- Provides analytical support for local health plan or business unit, in support of strategic decision making and cost efficiency.
- Develops/maintains subject matter expertise in data extraction and quality assurance as well as current and historical cost experience and trend drivers.
- Supports Actuarial and Finance leaders as needed to ensure budget and forecast accuracy.
- Supports key business leaders in identifying cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics.
- Utilizes SQL, Excel, and other BI tools to define, extract, validate, shape, and interpret data to meet business needs. Accountable for accuracy of work product.
- Effectively manages analytical priorities across regular reporting, ad hoc requests, and development of ongoing strategic activities.
- Supports cost of care initiative tracking, savings and ROI estimates, and KPI dashboards for designated health plan or business unit.
- Develops effective cross-functional relationships, both within Medical Economics and across Finance, Actuarial, and other key business areas.
- Mentors peers and co-workers as appropriate.
General Job Information
TitleLead Medical Economics Analyst - Florida
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/8/2020
Date Requisition Created1/8/2020
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Healthcare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Managed care experience preferred.
- Database management strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
- Typically 5-7 years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.