Job DescriptionSupports analytical needs for local health plan or business unit, working with national and local leadership as needed to drive cost efficiency and quality within the market/business. Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers and trends to Med Econ leadership. Uses technical skills to efficiently respond to analytical requests, as well as pro-actively build tools and reports that will improve market/business intelligence. Accountable for ensuring analytics are timely and accurate.
- Provides analytical support for local health plan or business unit, in support of strategic decision making and cost efficiency.
- Develops/maintains subject matter expertise in data extraction and quality assurance as well as current and historical cost experience and trend drivers.
- Supports Actuarial and Finance leaders as needed to ensure budget and forecast accuracy.
- Supports key business leaders in identifying cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics.
- Utilizes SQL, Excel, and other BI tools to define, extract, validate, shape, and interpret data to meet business needs. Accountable for accuracy of work product.
- Effectively manages analytical priorities across regular reporting, ad hoc requests, and development of ongoing strategic activities.
- Supports cost of care initiative tracking, savings and ROI estimates, and KPI dashboards for designated health plan or business unit.
- Develops effective cross-functional relationships, both within Medical Economics and across Finance, Actuarial, and other key business areas.
- Mentors peers and co-workers as appropriate.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Medical Economics Analyst - Remote Opportunity
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/8/2020
Date Requisition Created1/8/2020
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Healthcare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experienced in managed healthcare analytics (pricing, underwriting, medical economics, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to forge effective business relationships across functional groups.
- Ability to effectively liaison between technical and non-technical groups.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to drive results and deliver on multiple tasks.
- Proven track record of designing and executing on key analyses with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of work effort and deliver results within a committed time frame.
- MS Suite power user; Expert level knowledge of SQL, Qlikview, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.