Temporary Congressional Inquiries Analyst, LS
Arlington VA 22204 Fed 111 South George Mason Dr.
Job DescriptionThis is a Temporary position.
Serves as an action officer in the NGB Congressional Inquiry Division by providing factual, coordinated, and timely replies to written and telephone inquiries from the White House, Members of Congress, their Committees and Staff. The following tasks are conducted in assistance to the Congressional Inquiries Branch Chief.
• Receives a wide variety of written and telephonic inquiries from members of Congress and other government offices and record each inquiry received to the NGB LL internal database.
• Provides interim responses every 21 calendar days to the inquiring official until the final response is drafted.
• Ensures that all inquiries are properly staffed and vetted to ensure the most accurate and up to date information is transmitted on behalf of the senior leadership at NGB.
• Establishes and maintains contacts with staff of Congressional offices and within DoD, Army, the Air Force and the States and Territories.
• Maintains current a contact roster of the staffs of Congressional offices and appropriate points of contact within DOD, the Army, the Air Force, and the States and Territories.
• Ensures all Privacy Act and Freedom of Information Act inquiries received by the CIBC are in compliance with policy and provide response to the CIBC within 24 hours of any such inquiry.
• Initiates appropriate coordination of sensitive inquiries (inquiries that pertain to personnel information requests) between the National Guard, Departments of the Army and Air Force, States and Territories, and other executive agencies.
General Job Information
TitleTemporary Congressional Inquiries Analyst, LS
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/8/2020
Date Requisition Created1/8/2020
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Operations
License and Certifications - RequiredSecret Security Clearance - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3 years’ experience (within the last 5 years) analyzing and responding to congressional inquiries.
- Relevant and recent understanding of congressional procedure.
- Prior experience as congressional staff.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from a relevant to field of study at a US based university.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- General knowledge and understanding of National Guard
- Demonstrated experience using software database and tracking systems.
- Experience performing case management duties.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you