Provider Services Representative
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for answering inbound calls and communicating appropriate information concerning telephonic inquiries for all business segments. The role is responsible for documenting the nature of the inquiry and specific resolution within various operating systems. In addition, the role is responsible for placing outreach calls to providers to support the Network organization and is responsible for interacting with providers via Magellan?s provider Chat Application. The overall expectation of this role is to utilize analytical, problem solving abilities while providing outstanding customer support to internal/external customers and to appropriately resolve inquiries during their initial interaction with Magellan. Role also provides peer support and mentoring with systems and polices and procedures.
- Performs daily activities in accordance with Magellan's standards for call center operations, including First Call Resolution, and Qfiniti Evaluation Scorecard.
- Demonstrates expertise of job functions by minimizing call handle times, by actively listening and probing providers during the initial call to determine the purpose of the call.
- Collects and documents all details of provider interaction (inquiry, comments and information) into the Magellan operating systems.
- Professionally educates providers on Magellan's policies and procedures and how to effectively interact with Magellan to optimize the provider's experience. Respond to the provider's inquiry in the most efficient manner.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all information and updates pertaining to new and or changes to existing: products, procedures, customers, etc., across all business lines. Research and provide information regarding provider network status, web access password, credentialing/re-credentialing documents and procedures, contracting process criteria, clinical/authorization procedures, claims/reimbursement procedures, as well as define and direct resolution for related data entry issues.
- Interacts with other functional departments (e.g., clinical, claims, etc.) , as needed to develop optimal resolution for Provider and Magellan.
- Based on interactions with providers, recommend changes to policies, procedures or business practices that create provider dissatisfaction or enhance the Provider's experience with Magellan.
- Daily requirements may include filing, faxing, copying, coding of documents, support to Field Network in provider recruitment and training activities, reviewing error reports, and providing back-up to other functional teams.
General Job Information
TitleProvider Services Representative
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/6/2020
Date Requisition Created1/6/2020
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Healthcare
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Must demonstrate a high level of motivation and willingness to cross-train in all aspects of the department.
- Must be a proficient typist (at least 30 WPM) with the ability to maneuver through various computer platforms/screens while verifying a variety of information simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-task while staying organized.
Customer Service experience in a Health Care environment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More