Technical Documentation Specialist
Job DescriptionPlan, develop, and ensure completion of all documentation elements in a timely manner, and communicate all changes in documentation to appropriate management staff. Types of documentation include, but not limited to, Service Operations policies and procedures, account specific materials and manuals, Training Materials, Training Alerts, Computer Based Training (CBT) modules, and other documentation as needed. This position has ultimate responsibility for the quality of specific documents assigned.
- Provides oversight and supervision to the Technical Writers and Senior Technical Writers; coordinate assignment of documents, coordinate and monitor the progress of the team against deadlines, review documentation to ensure consistency, and manage project schedules.
- Writes documentation, obtain appropriate approvals of completed documentation and distribute to appropriate end users.
- Meets with Service Operations staff and other subject matter experts throughout Magellan on an ongoing basis during development of documentation to review and analyze requirements for accurate and compliant documentation.
- Edits documentation language to ensure compliance with requirements and to ensure readability and user-friendly communication to targeted audience.
- Maintains documentation change control process for revisions and archiving of historical documentation.
- Coordinates with trainers and assure training documents are up to date and accurate.
- Oversees daily updates of the Magnet site central repository to assure that documentation is posted timely and is easily accessible to users.
General Job Information
TitleTechnical Documentation Specialist
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/3/2020
Date Requisition Created1/3/2020
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Instructional Design
EducationBachelors: Communications (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze documentation to determine customer requirements.
- Ability to translate directions, processes, and customer requirements into effective desk top reference text and job aids.
- Ability to work closely with staff to develop documentation.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in managed health care.
- Knowledge of and experience writing and documenting detailed procedures.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.