Job DescriptionSr. Infrastructure Engineer / Hybrid Cloud (REMOTE / TELECOMMUTE)
Magellan Health's infrastructure is a hybrid of self-hosted hardware across multiple sites and cloud-managed services. This position is for an individual who is willing to be part of a team who's mission is to:
• Improve development and business enablement across platforms through automation
• Maintain/scale/support capabilities based on business demand
• Participate in hardware/software architecture reviews.
Our engineering team is responsible for building, securing, operating platform capabilities, and providing support for our internal tenants to ensure availability, capacity, and resiliency. Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management required.
Experience with the following technologies preferred:
- Cisco UCS
- AWS, Azure
This is a REMOTE position, allowing you to work from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the US.
This position will analyze problems and administer more than one infrastructure area. Will understand and develop non-functional requirements for a system. This role is proficient at DevOps concepts, Scripting and automated deployment, monitoring and support. Will execute day to day tasks related to operational or project work. Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff coverage.
telecommute / remote / work from home
- Performs daily database and database application support which includes the following tasks: Contributing to 24x7x365 staff coverage, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR database and application server administration.
- Assists with all duties related to on-going operational database infrastructure on premise and in the cloud.
- Creates and maintains database objects.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves failed tasks or database issues.
- Creates databases, database clusters, assign permissions and resolve connectivity issues.
- Assists IT management in prioritizing database administration team projects.
- Monitors database storage allocation and usage daily as well as other resource usage.
- Assists with backup standards and schedules, and recovery procedures.
- Develops security plans, testing and maintenance. Intent of this security plan is to establish a means of providing complete accountability for any and all use of the databases.
- Develops and maintains the portions of the disaster recovery plan that pertain to the database servers and provide documentation of the steps necessary to perform the disaster recovery process. This documentation must provide detailed instructions on how to perform the disaster recovery plan at a level of explanation that any member of IT would be able to perform the steps.
- Advises developers/end users on issues such as database design and application architecture.
- Provides performance turning related to database technology and database/server configuration.
- Provides Technical guidance to teammates.
- Exports/Imports data and data replication.
- Schedules Jobs and Events.
- Manages special projects as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Infrastructure Engineer (Hybrid Cloud)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/10/2020
Date Requisition Created1/3/2020
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years minimum experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions or database administration.
- Strong working knowledge of automated deployment and Cloud platforms.
- AWS Sysops certification or certifications in VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Two or more of the these certifications: AWS Sysops certification, AWS Solutions architect associate certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP , Database administration (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR ), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing and able to quickly learn new technology.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you