Director, Business Architecture and Strategy
Phoenix AZ 85034
Job DescriptionThis position will provide leadership in the development of the next generation contact center strategy and software solution needs. Provides analysis of options, benefits, costs and risks. Develops the business architecture to integrate people, processes and technology. Creates tangible business strategies, facilitates planning activities, facilitate analytics, executes activities and measure results. Drives business architecture, change management and solution implementation. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to research, pricing, conceptualizing, mobilizing teams and cross functional partnerships with IT and Operations while launching new systems, features and enhancements.
- Identifies and executes initiatives to enhance quality/performance/compliance requirements and/or transform the company`s contact center capabilities.
- Translates customer and operational needs into recommendations and specifications enhancements and leverages creativity to design new solutions for Operations and Customer Experience.
- Provides operational leadership and is responsible for leading multi-disciplinary teams for execution.
- Serves as the company`s subject matter expert for contact center business needs and impact. Through presentations and ongoing consultations, provides information about trends, benchmarks and strategies to improve our metrics and customer offerings.
- Prioritizes deliverables and translates into product roadmaps.
- Negotiates at all levels, finding common ground and obtaining buy-in around strategies and tactics.
- Delivers professional presentations to senior leadership, external customers, and consultant audiences.
- Facilitates external vendor relationships and partnering to design and build strategic initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Business Architecture and Strategy
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/3/2020
Date Requisition Created1/3/2020
Work ExperienceIT, Product Innovation/Development, Project/Program Management
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Business Administration (Required), Bachelors: Healthcare (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- A solid understanding of SDLC, specifically Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies.
- Minimum 8 years combined experience in business architecture, systems analysis, and operations preferably within the managed care industry plus 4 or more years of experience in a leadership role.
- Thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry, specifically PBM and Specialty Pharmacy.
- Comprehensive understanding PBM functioning and client needs/wants to creatively recommend customer experience design, technology and business process integration, leading industry thoughts while meeting financial goals of the company.
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Workforce Planning, and overall strategies to balance quality and efficiency
- Bachelors degree required in Business Administration, IT, Healthcare or related field.
- Experience in the coordination and collaboration of work teams and a proven track record of success while working in any of the following functional areas: Product Management and Development, or Program Operations.
- Proven track record of results and deadline adherence.
- Experience in the design, management, and implementation of business process, technology changes/system re-platform, new products including the coordination and integration of all primary business functions.
- Strong organizational, consultation and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you