Job DescriptionEngineers are expected to identify and design solutions for issues involving: new features, interoperability, vulnerability, system limits and constraints facing the platforms and products. In addition, engineers are responsible to evaluate current capabilities and predict future needs, then work with internal stakeholders, vendors and peers to anticipate, define, and pursue these capabilities.
This can be a remote / telecommute / work from home opportunity for the right individual.
Looking for 5+ years of Information Security Engineer experience:
- Proven in-depth knowledge of network protocols and packet analysis tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark.
- Detailed knowledge on IDS / IPS solutions and integrating into existing network configurations.
- Detailed knowledge on network and host-based firewalls and intrusion prevention systems.
- Detailed knowledge on proxy servers, SSL inspection techniques, load-balancers, reverse proxy servers, and web application firewalls.
- Proven ability to develop custom threat signatures in response to zero-day and emerging security threats.
- Detailed knowledge with security-related systems and applications, firewalls, packet analysis tools, intrusion detection/prevention, and web content filtering. Detailed digital forensics and eDiscovery skills and experience.
- Detailed knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls. Knowledge of information security publications (e.g. NIST 800-53, 53A, 37).
- Detailed knowledge of incident response, problem resolution, and vulnerability remediation.
- Detailed knowledge of automated security testing. Ability to work with multi-discipline teams, cross-functional management.
F5 Administration, Engineering and Architecture.
Check Point Administration
Veracode Application Security Scanning
SSL/TLS Certificate Administration
Duties to include:
- Perform engineering support.
- Assess operational business processes to ensure security is appropriately integrated.
- Assess potential risks with new applications and products and provide security requirements and recommendations for risk mitigation to help the business succeed with their projects.
- Consult as security subject matter expert with network architects, engineers, and others on solutions to security problems.
- Recommend new information security systems and controls to mitigate emerging threats and risks across the company.
- Recommend new security policy, standards, best practices, and system configuration standards. Consult with internal clients on security topics and policy interpretation.
Job Profile Summary
This position will act as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability. Function as primary `practitioner coach` on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team. Define improvements to increase system reliability, security and performance. Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of Disaster Recovery and Business Resumption. Ensures proper instrumentation of Infrastructure to align with Production Assurance processes (Event, Incident, Change, Release and Problem management). Understand the relationship between applications and infrastructure, lead instrumentation of automation necessary for DevOps.
- Performs daily database and database application support which includes the following tasks: Contributing to 24x7x365 staff coverage, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR database and application server administration.
- Assists with all duties related to on-going operational database infrastructure on premise and in the cloud.
- Creates and maintains database objects.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves failed tasks or database issues. May create database, assign permissions and resolve connectivity issues.
- Creates templates and checklists for operational tasks like database creation, high-availability, monitoring, backups etc.
- Assists IT management in prioritizing database administration team projects.
- Monitors database storage allocation and usage daily as well as other resource usage.
- Assists with backup standards and schedules, and recovery procedures.
- Security plan development, testing and maintenance. Intent of this security plan is to establish a means of providing complete accountability for any and all use of the databases.
- Develops and maintains the portions of the disaster recovery plan that pertain to the database servers and provide documentation of the steps necessary to perform the disaster recovery process. This documentation must provide detailed instructions on how to perform the disaster recovery plan at a level of explanation that any member of IT would be able to perform the steps.
General Job Information
TitleLead Information Security Engineer (F5)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/7/2020
Date Requisition Created1/3/2020
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions. Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
- Experience moving across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- 2 or more of the following certifications: AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP, Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner-Tregoe Resolve, Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to mentor teams
- Appetite to quickly learn.
- Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you