Job DescriptionConsulting IT Analyst / Business Analyst.
Looking for a Sr. Business Analyst that would work out of one of the following locations:
- Cambridge, MA
- Brooklyn, NY
- Phoenix, AZ
- Glen Allen, VA
This position will allow for partial REMOTE work - 2 days telecommute, 3 days in the office.
The Consulting IT Analyst performs duties similar to that of a business systems analyst or business analyst. They acts as a liaison between staff who have a business problem and technologists who create automated solutions. The Analyst understands and gathers business needs for complex, multifunctional problems and defines, documents and prioritizes requirements from the business. The Analyst ensures that proposed technology solutions meet project and stakeholder needs. The Analyst is primarily responsible for deriving, documenting and gaining approval for functional requirements and provides a point-of-contact for the communication of business requirements so that they can be translated into technology solutions. Includes the following:
- Manage the organization and documentation of business requirements to ensure the IT team develops and implements solutions that meet customer needs.
- Assist in the development of functional, conceptual and logical design specifications.
- Schedule, coordinate and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with the business to identify and drive complete requirements.
- Document requirements and work flow diagrams with focus on process improvements.
- Drive the creation of test plans and pre-UAT testing, documenting and tracking issues and ensuring timely issue resolution.
This position will analyze, evaluate and design/redesign business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Provide leadership to more junior IT Analysts through all aspects of the software development cycles. Be a hands-on analyst who can define user stories and acceptance criteria, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching of junior it analysts on the team and ensure that requirements and acceptance criteria satisfy business needs. Demonstrate a high level of expertise in the `IT Analyst` craft. Help the team work through impediments. Clear impediments and escalate issues when needed. Drive usability and quality of the software developed within the area. Help the team manage changes. Plan, prioritize and deliver the detail behind enhancements. Work on a variety of enterprise applications and problems. Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward.
- Ensure that requirements and acceptance criteria satisfy business needs.
- Help the team work through impediments.
- Clear impediments and escalate issues when needed.
- Drive usability and quality of the software developed within the area.
- Helps the team manage changes.
- Plan, prioritize and deliver enhancements.
- Work on a variety of enterprise applications and problems.
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive projects forward.
- Analyze issues with focus on identifying root cause and prevention.
- Help the team arrive at innovative solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Business Analyst - Consulting IT Analyst
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/9/2020
Date Requisition Created12/27/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience in Health care, PBM or insurance industries.
- Experience working with front-end and back-end systems.
- 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of delivering requirements and testing in support of high quality, secure software in IT.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Highly collaborative.
- Ability to execute on strategies to solve complex and open-ended business problems.
- Lead prototyping of potential solutions.
- Perform implementation reviews.
- Lead support of resolution of technical challenges.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Take responsibility for ensuring success of all implementation.
- Technically proficient and hands-on.
- Mastery of QA methodology and problem solving tools/techniques.
- Experience with applying Design Thinking Techniques.
- Critical Thinker.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Creativity and show initiative.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you