Vice President, Account Management
Job DescriptionAccountable for building long-term and tactical relationships with customers and setting and carrying out Account growth and retention strategy. Partners with and coordinates company resources to achieve business objectives, maintain account satisfaction, and ensure that products and services support customers needs while achieving acceptable margins. This role may manage a team regionally or nationally.
Book of Business/Financial Management:
- Ensures revenue goals are met, cost of care and administrative expenses managed, and EBIDTA targets achieved.
- Positions the assigned book of business strategically to achieve objectives, including growth requirements, retention requirements, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Fully versed in all aspects of the contracts with assigned customers as well as ensuring contract performance through risk management activities including such items as assurance of Service Level Agreement Performance, assurance of claims accuracy payment and administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the account`s legal and regulatory environment.
- Develops and maintains contract compliance tool(s) for periodic assessment of company performance to customer requirements (including performance standards, etc.).
- Proposes final pricing and product description for products sold to existing accounts. Manages risks and develops opportunities associated with underwritten rates.
- Owns overall account satisfaction for the accounts serviced by the area.
- Develops strong relationships with key senior level and operational customers.
- Coaches Account Management team in resolving escalated customer service issues.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that are supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Creates and maintains strategic partnerships with customers through the development and implementation of annual account retention and growth plans that result in long term retention of profitable relationships
- Ensures all Customer and Account Facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Resolves escalated customer service issues in conjunction with operations (claims, service, systems).
- Works with Account Management team on upsells and renewal activities across all Market accounts. For new business and renewals, negotiates rates and contractual terms with customers that result in improved EBITDA.
- Seeks and identifies products and service requirements based on a thorough understanding of each customer`s strategic business goals and the strategic business direction of the product set.
- Partners with the Sales department in new sales activities.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of ALL company products and how multiple products are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and clinical outcomes.
- Maintains focus on ongoing skill development and mentoring skill development within the department.
- Manages department resources to ensure they are used efficiently and effectively to achieve department goals.
For positions supporting Government Programs:
- Acts as the intermediary between the market (PCMA, CMS, etc), internal Magellan constituents, the Account team and the clients on new regulations and/or requirements impacting clients.
- Conducts monthly all client calls to disseminate and share market changes, impacts and Magellan`s response to these changes.
- Maintains relationships with contracted consultants for Medicare/Medicaid to include but not limited to sharing the summarized weekly CMS Memos.
- Interfaces with Medicare D team for cross client requirements.
General Job Information
TitleVice President, Account Management
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/27/2019
Date Requisition Created12/27/2019
Work ExperienceAccount Management, Management/Leadership, Medicare, Sales
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of Medicare experience.
- 15+ years of broad based Health Care Account Management and Sales experience.
- 8+ years direct supervisory experience.
- Business and organization knowledge.
- Teamwork building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Quantifiable business results.
- Service oriented (External and Internal).
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Product Suite.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you