OWF/E2I Regional Coordinator, WWCTP
Charlotte NC 28208 Fed 4930 Minuteman Way
Job DescriptionFunction as the Regional Coordinator (RC) to facilitate the regular placement of Wounded, Ill, or Injured (WII) Service members (SMs) into internships with participating federal agencies and provide WII SMs educational options and employment opportunities at the location and in areas of interest.
Aligns with OSD (P&R) in implementing regional and local practices. Adhere to program management protocols received from HQ Program Manager.
Maintains program operations regionally and locally.
Maintains and supports strategic partnerships at the regional and local levels.
Finds and develops internship and employment opportunities, including increased access to career placement assistance.
Identifies career opportunities with employing organizations to determine qualifications and requirements.
Finds and develops opportunities for internships, education and training, including assistance in identifying and completing academic or vocational education.
Conducts outreach to regional and local Veterans Affairs, Federal Government, the private sector and educational institutions, ensuring a foundation for seamless WII SM transition.
Initiates, develops, and sustains relationships demonstrating community involvement.
Supports Military Services in the Region in their efforts to assist their WII SMs.
Develops and sustains relationships demonstrating community engagement.
Works with WII SMs to identify needs, support requirements, career interests, and education/training requirements.
Collaborates with the employing institution to facilitate communications and candidate screening for WII SMs.
Develops individualized development plans for WII SMs and identify training and certification opportunities to fill gaps in skills.
Assists the Military Services to ensure the WII SM has an advocate and mentor through the end-to-end employment process.
Captures and submits performance standards and metrics, to include reporting templates and processes; respond to contract performance work statement requirements.
General Job Information
TitleOWF/E2I Regional Coordinator, WWCTP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/27/2019
Date Requisition Created12/26/2019
EducationBachelors, High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Military experience as a Senior NCO or Company Grade Officer or above with technical assignments that are related to counseling, case management, claims, benefits processing, supervision/management, or spouse of the preceding.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and processes thoroughly and clearly to people at various levels of education and computer competency.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superb communication/collaboration skills.
- Ability to act professionally, confidently, and positively communicate with employees and managers at all levels.
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of teamwork with others.
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees.
- Excellent presentation skills.Active listening and coaching skills.
- Operates with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to travel as required.
- The ability to work at an accelerated pace.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you