Director, Customer Service Center
United States Minor Outlying Islands, California
Job DescriptionProvide corporate direction, management, consultation and oversight of the customer care functions. Assist in planning, developing and implementing corporate customer care policies, procedures, performance standards and training programs. Plan, develop and implement customer service audits and program analyses. Serve as a member of Magellan?s corporate office implementation team for the planning, development and implementation of new business.
- Measures performance and productivity against benchmarks and provide guidance based on results.
- Assists management in developing action plans to improve performance productivity while maintaining quality service in all areas of customer service.
- Conducts action plan meetings with management to ensure compliance with plan.
- Ensures care centers are in compliance with the telephone access standards for business unit(s).
- Develops efficient and effective workflows, streamline customer care functions to improve operations.
- Trains appropriate staff on managing a call center. Assist in developing specific policies and procedures.
- Prepares detailed written reports related to workflows and procedures and provide recommendations on areas of improvement to increase efficiencies and streamline the customer service processes after site visits.
- Evaluates and analyze the customer service functions to ensure compliance with policies.
- Initiates and develops short and long range plans for areas of responsibility and participate in the development of corporate and strategic plans.
- Serves as a content expert to represent Customer Care on committees, initiatives and strategic planning.
- In collaboration with new business clients and corporate office management, plans, develops and implements operational workflows, recruitment and selection of staff, training and management reporting. For new business implementations, collaborate with business clients and appropriate internal departments; plan and develop specialized Magellan member and provider materials (handbooks, manuals, newsletters, etc.).
- Provides advice and comment on proposed program language for business client materials.
- During new business implementations, interviews and selects customer service staff, write policies and procedures for all customer service areas.
- Prepares customer service responses to RFPs for new business as required.
- Serves as a member of Magellan's corporate office implementation team for the planning, development and implementation of new business.
- Facilitates Customer Care workgroups as needed.
- Completes special projects as required.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, Customer Service Center
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/26/2019
Date Requisition Created12/26/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Supervisory
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing new business accounts, programs, products or services in the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years customer service experience and 8+ years supervisory experience, OR 13 years’ Customer Service experience in lieu of the bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of call center management principles, practice, methods and techniques, including performance metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of provider relations or network development.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing communication and education programs/materials.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing new business accounts, programs, products or services.
- Minimum 7 years' planning, developing, implementing and managing a call center.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More