Senior IT Analyst
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis position will analyze, evaluate and redesign business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems analysis and design. Work quickly and independently while delivering high-quality outputs. Use strong organizational skills for tracking multiple deliverables simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results. Pay meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering the quality bar. Collaborate with Software Engineers to understand features and technical implementation and ensure highest quality product delivery. Develop deep understanding of the business/technical domain.
- Independently participate in requirements documentation, business systems configuration and defining/execution of acceptance criteria. Document issues and participate in their resolution.
- Work closely with development and business teams to understand business requirements.
- Translate business needs into high-level technical specifications and design. Identify gaps and ensure deployment of solutions.
- Support business-critical systems using mature IT and software engineering practices.
- Develop, deploy, and execute test strategies.
- Work with team to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Work closely with cross functional teams and across boundary organizations to gather requirements, define solutions, implement new tools and process, and provide ongoing support to these teams.
- Test applications and products at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
- Develop deep understanding of the applications that he/she/they support.
- Communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize the results.
General Job Information
TitleSenior IT Analyst
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/23/2019
Date Requisition Created12/19/2019
EducationGED, High School
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional skills necessary to exceed minimum performance standards)1. Education: BA Computer Science Or Equilvelant On The Job Experience 2. Experience: 5 years of experience as Quality Assurance Analyst 3. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Good understanding of com- puter hardware, computer software. Good understanding of various QA procedures and products.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Skills necessary to meet minimum performance standards of the position)1. Education: Associates Degree: Computer Science Or Re- lated Subjects 2. Experience: 3 or more years working as Quality As- surance Analyst 3. Computer Skills: Working knowledge of MS Office ToolsOTHER: Good Written And Oral Communications, Excellent People Skills, Ability To Work Under Tight Dead-Lines, Understanding Of Busi- ness Applications, Ability To Work With Technical and Non-Tech- nical Staff
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you