Senior Instructional Designer - Compliance
Job DescriptionThis position designs, develops, implements and evaluates enterprise-wide learning solutions in support of Magellan's business objectives. Partner with SMEs and key stakeholders to develop learning paths and curriculum content that reflects sound instructional design based on adult learning principles and best practices. Display demonstrated expertise in instructional design systems, learning technologies and adult learning best practices. Act as technical expert and liaison with Talent Development, IT and other areas.
- Possesses and provides expertise in the full life-cycle of instructional design processes (ADDIE or other industry accepted models) to design, develop and implement effective instructional materials, learning resources and content.
- Maintains progressive knowledge of the trends in instructional design, learning methodologies and learning technology solutions.
- Routinely researches current trends, tools and techniques associated with content/curriculum design and development.
- Creates design standards and templates and integrates technology-based tools into the development process.
- Evaluates and assesses the instructional effectiveness and business impact of programs and supports the continuous improvement of learning solutions.
- Ownership and accountability for larger scale learning and development and HR initiatives.
- Partners with internal customers to clarify business objectives, identify performance gaps and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Leads projects including negotiating project scope and timeline, meeting all deadlines within quality expectations.
- Actively communicates with stakeholders and ensures solutions have demonstrable business impact.
- Support Talent Development on strategy execution and team working environment.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Instructional Designer - Compliance
Job FamilyHuman Resources Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/19/2019
Date Requisition Created12/19/2019
Work ExperienceInstructional Design
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of instructional design experience with proven ability to design and build innovative, creative content, including online programs, job aids, web sites and instructor materials.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design theory and models, learning styles, knowledge management practices and performance improvement models.
- Experience with multimedia authoring, graphic creation tools and learning management systems.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead multiple, complex projects with tight timeframes in a matrixed environment.
- Strong organizational, time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Expert in use of Microsoft Products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel -Experience with remote training using asynchronous meeting tools such as NetMeeting, Webex, or LiveMeeting
- Certification in training, development, learning or performance improvement.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More