Job DescriptionAccountable for the Profit and Loss, and up-selling of additional membership/markets and/or products, of the assigned account(s), specifically one or more of the key strategic, large, or high risk accounts. Accountable for building day-to-day and strategic operational relationships with customers, particularly the relationships with senior customer management, and setting and carrying out account growth and retention strategies. Interacts on a day-to-day basis with account vendor oversight staff. Develops relationships with other account stakeholders that support achievement of strategic alignment. Partners with and coordinates internal company resources to achieve business objectives, maintain account satisfaction, and ensure that the company's specialty products (i.e., Radiology, Oncology, Pharmacy and Behavioral Healthcare) and services support customers needs while achieving acceptable margins. Key accounts will typically require strategic alignment with the Corporate division and alignment with local markets.
- Owns overall account satisfaction for all assigned accounts.
- Develops strong relationships with key operational customers, specifically with the senior leadership of the customers at the Corporate and Local Market levels
- Provides support and coaching to team members.
- Works to develop employees skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Manages a high caliber team of employees.
- Trains employees on products, policies and procedural changes and effectively orients new employees.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that are supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Fully versed in all aspects of the contracts with assigned customers as well as ensuring ongoing contract performance through risk management activities including assurance of Service Level Agreement performance, assurance of accuracy of claims payment and administrative policies and adherence to requirements of the account`s legal and regulatory environment.
- Creates and maintains strategic partnerships with customers through the development and implementation of strategic business plans that result in long term retention of profitable relationships.
- Ensures all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Resolves or appropriately escalates customer service issues in conjunction with operations (claims, service, systems).
- Aggressively drives up-sell and renewal activities across assigned account(s). For new business and renewals, negotiates rates and contractual terms with customers that result in improved EBITDA.
- Seeks and identifies products and service requirements based on a thorough understanding of each customers strategic business goals and the strategic business direction of the product set.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of ALL company products and how multiple products are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and clinical outcomes.
- Book of Business and Financial Management:
- Ensures revenue goals are met, cost of care and administrative expenses managed, and (Earnings before Interest, Depreciation, Taxes and Amortization) EBIDTA targets achieved for the assigned account(s)
- Develops and maintains contract compliance tool for periodic assessment of company performance to customer requirements (including performance standards, etc.).
- Positions the assigned book of business strategically to achieve objectives, including growth requirements, retention requirements, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Proposes final pricing and product description for products sold to existing accounts.
- Manages risks and develop opportunities associated with underwritten rates.
- Implementation and Project Planning:
- Oversees the client project management implementation team and process as well as ensure planning, execution and follow up for key meetings and projects including management staff responsible for project management of new program and new customer implementations.
- Effectively develops and executes risk mitigation plans for issues that present risks to the effective implementation of new customers and/or programs.
- Serves as the liaison with senior management regarding implementation strategy and risk management.
- Provides senior oversight in the management and coordination of the various stakeholders across the SBU, the company shared services areas and the customer to successfully implement new programs.
- Develops infrastructure, processes, reports, presentations and other materials to effectively manage large scale new customer implementations.
- Tracks, monitors and follows the progress of projects, action items, and strategies originating from leadership.
- Ensures that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Participate in the sales/RFP process to effectively demonstrate implementation approach and experience
- Functions as the liaison with organization leadership. Works closely and facilitates communication with the leadership and executive management team within the SBU as well as across the shared services areas.
General Job Information
TitleSr. Dir, Account Management
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/19/2019
Date Requisition Created12/19/2019
Work ExperienceAccount Management, Healthcare, Management/Leadership, Sales
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years' broad-based Health Care experience, including account management.
- 8+ years of sales/account management specialty (i.e., radiology, oncology, pharmacy, behavioral healthcare) products and services experience/knowledge.
- 8+ years' direct supervisory experience.
- Will substitute an additional 5 or more years of account management, sales or marketing experience in lieu of a formal degree.
- Business and organization knowledge.
- Teamwork building skills.
- Quantifiable business results.
- Service oriented (External and Internal).
- Flexible and adaptable.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you