Job DescriptionManages the overall account and clinical services for specified government customers and various pharmacy benefit programs, including all activities associated with management in support of innovative Medicaid pharmacy benefit management. This includes clinical and account management functions, operational support, financial management, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance.
- Supervises all account staff including Clinical Services Managers, Clinical Pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and ancillary staff.
- Directs, coordinates and supervises all account and clinical pharmacy client activities including pharmacy benefit management solutions and services.
- Oversees and guides achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual projections based on financial, budget and management objectives.
- Serves as lead SME for all new business RFPs, enlisting help from other SMEs as needed.
- Oversees, mentors and supports leadership of pharmacy program implementation including new clients, product extensions, and other important clinical initiatives.
- Designs, implements, monitors and provides appropriate feedback on metrics based performance measurement tools.
- Drives marketing opportunities through market research, upsell across product lines and mentoring of all levels of customer services
General Job Information
TitleDirector Clinical Account Services
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/18/2019
Date Requisition Created12/18/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- 8+ years of pharmacy experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM), Health plan or Medicaid clinical customer service.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and COGNOS or comparable.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control and monitor project activities.
- Project management experience and knowledge of health plans, PBMs or Medicaid required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you