Senior Contract Manager
Job DescriptionThis position will be responsible for drafting and reviewing various pharmacy benefit management-related agreements and requests for proposal and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders throughout the contract life-cycle. This position will be responsible for developing and improving contracting processes and maintaining contract management systems.
- Contracting, including pharmacy benefit management service agreements, business associate agreements, producer and other agreements relating to the company’s employer pharmacy benefits management business line. Drafting contracts and amendments using form templates and reviewing third party agreements. Developing and maintaining ad hoc agreements as necessary.
- Working directly with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate and finalize agreements.
- Development of responses to requests for proposals/requests for information in support of the company’s pharmacy benefit businesses, and otherwise working closely with the sales and account management teams on legal issues relating to procurement and retention of customers.
- Maintaining executed contracts, the contract term library, the contracting procedural manual, updating and maintaining contract templates, and tracking contract milestones.
- Developing and improving processes for completion of contracts and legal aspects of proposal responses.
- Maintenance and administration of the contract management system.
- Assisting on corporate development projects, including corporate transactions.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Contract Manager
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/18/2019
Date Requisition Created12/18/2019
Work ExperienceContract Administration and Management, PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in contract management.
- Ability to write, interpret and edit contract language as required.
- Comfortable taking initiative and working independently and effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments/tasks at the same time and to exercise sound judgment regarding prioritization of workload.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) experience or experience in healthcare with focus on administration of pharmacy benefits strongly preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you