Lead Care Manager - Behavioral Health
San Diego CA 92108
Job DescriptionCandidates must be available to work approximately 50% in office in San Diego, CA
Candidates must have an active independent-level license in the state of California
Provides support to Care Managers and other clinical team members through content knowledge, technical and utilization management expertise. Researches open questions and unresolved issues for Care Managers who are providing direct utilization management services. Mentors new Care Managers and assists with training.
- Provides point of need support and coaching to Care Managers and other clinical team members in the course of normal operations.
- Builds clinical team members expertise through direct feedback and real-time coaching.
- Provides clinical, procedural or interpretational assistance.
- Mentors and trains Care Managers.
- Serves as a `buddy` to new Care Managers during their first few months on the job by providing daily support and feedback.
- Researches and resolves escalated issues that frontline Care Managers cannot resolve in a timely fashion.
- Takes escalated calls or fills-in for the Care Manager team during high-peak periods.
- Works with the workforce planning team to perform data collection and analysis of trends to determine problem areas and strategies for better practices for the Care Manager team.
- Maintains an active workload in accordance with Care Manager performance standards.
- Provides frontline functions during high volume and peak periods.
- Advocates for the patient to ensure treatment needs are met.
- Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
General Job Information
TitleLead Care Manager - Behavioral Health
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/17/2019
Date Requisition Created12/17/2019
EducationAssociates: Nursing (Required), Masters: Behavioral Health (Required), Masters: Counseling (Required), Masters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredCEAP - Certified Employee Assistance Professional - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Licensure is required for this position, specifically a current license that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements.
- Minimum of 6 years post-degree experience in psychiatric and substance abuse health care.
- Minimum of 3 years post degree experience for Care Managers with Ph.D. Experience to include utilization review.
- Licensure may also include one or more of the following: CEAP, LMSW, LCSW, LPC or LPN. CEAP certification as required by management.
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.
- Knowledge and experience in inpatient setting.
- Knowledge of DSM V or most current diagnostic edition.
- Ability to analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”