Director of IT
Sacramento CA 95832 Fed 3250 Meadowview Rd.
Job DescriptionLooking for an IT Director / Site Leader in the Sacramento, CA area. This Director of Information Technology will need to be close to the business and understand all their systems. Looking for a Director of IT with broad experience including working in IT development / support.
- Candidate should have experience in ETL, moving data, managing data, reporting, and general application support experience.
- Healthcare experience highly preferred, but not required.
This role is responsible for understanding our business and IT strategy and ensure that we have the skills and capabilities required to deliver on our business and technical commitments. They will also focus on Continuous improvement within the area and lead IT initiatives and special projects within their portfolio of applications.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions.
- Directs and manages through analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Selects and builds strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, and coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Manages and develops project cost estimates, benefits and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manages projects, people, customer expectations, and business priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manages budgets, plans and expenses; may have cost center responsibilities.
- Oversees throughput for encounter processing acting as liaison between the customer and Magellan IT teams.
- Oversees and acts in review board fashion for reports delivered from Magellan to the customer.
- Manages vendors.
- Shares best practices throughout IT.
General Job Information
TitleDirector of IT
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/2/2020
Date Requisition Created12/16/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering and leading teams through the development and support of applications.
- Must have 2+ years of experience leading teams.
- Broader experience across IT or across different industries (for external hires) is a must.
- Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you