Dir, Pharmacy Service Operations Specialty
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionProvides administrative oversight and management of front- and back-end Specialty distribution departments teams. Fulfills a key role in Specialty Pharmacy Distribution critical to the company achieving revenue goals and operational objectives. Responsible for intake, data entry, exceptions, label printing, fulfillment, and packing and shipping. Requires communication and teamwork across all internal departments, as well as health plan/payer departments, and an in-depth understanding of all specialty products, trends, and current management techniques and industry guidelines.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the team to efficiently manage the output of assigned tasks. Monitors the performance of team members by means of reports and observation. Accountable for team conduct and productivity. Monitors individual team member`s attendance and reliability patterns. Administers performance improvement or corrective action plans when needed.
- Reviews, receives and verifies new patient orders and documents prior to dispensing. Processes and checks medications and supplies prior to dispensing from the pharmacy. Communicates with physician`s office as related to prescription orders and drug utilization. Provides consultation and answers inquiries from patients, patient`s agent, physicians, other healthcare professionals, and internal pharmacy staff regarding medications and use.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with federal laws, state laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy. Maintains pharmacy records in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Ensures proper local and federal laws are followed in the dispensing and record keeping of controlled substances.
- Provides periodic updates on business performance.
- Supervises day-to-day tasks of pharmacy technicians, front-end Specialty personnel, and shipping manager within the pharmacy department. Performs monthly department meetings with staff, and as needed. Records content of meeting for submission to Pharmacy Director. Ensures compliance and accuracy of any tasks or projects required of the position or staff. Develops and implements performance management for pharmacy staff, and reviews for progress of the employee throughout the year.
- Ensures proper workflow and efficiencies of the department. Ensures measured productivity standards and quality of the department are achieved. Works with Quality and Training specialist to refine and improve any processes that effect quality and productivity of the department. Supervises and assists in training and implementation of any new workflow enhancement procedures. Supervises the training of new hires and temps and any re-training that is warranted for existing staff members.
- Approves employee payroll time submissions and PTO requests. Tracks and monitors employee`s arrivals, departures, breaks and lunches in keeping with company and facility guidelines. Creates and approves employee schedules and requests for temporary and permanent changes. Interviews and hires potential candidates for openings within the department.
General Job Information
TitleDir, Pharmacy Service Operations Specialty
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/13/2019
Date Requisition Created12/13/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - RequiredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesIn-depth knowledge of specialty drugs, and pharmacy workflow to maintain high touch? service levels. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.Specialty and/or retail pharmacy experience, as well as management experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you