Lead Software Engineer
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionA government contractor company looking for someone with experience working on relevant databases such as, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQL programming. You must also be familiar with Python, C/C++ and R languages.
Major project you will be responsible for is migrating old databases to the Cloud, so you must have strong AWS. Being a lead on the team you will also be participating in technical design reviews and providing input and recommendations on database changes pertaining to Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL/MySQL Databases.
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture.
- Database Administrator with a strong AWS background
- Background in Database Architecture
- Developing scripts for execution of common tasks
- Following policies and procedures regardless databases
- Monitor database logs
- Troubleshooting databases and applications
- Database planning/architecture
- Works with to break down a complex system into smaller components and coach/lead a team of software engineers to design and develop these components.
- Functions as primary practitioner coach on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team.
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic, REST based services, etc.
- Understands the relationship between applications and infrastructure.
- Acts as a leader in the developer community within Magellan and performs demo, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Acts as expert for automated testing strategies, including TDD and ATDD.
- Works on Agile software development projects.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration
- Develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Identifies track key metrics produced by the application.
- Performs load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale.
General Job Information
TitleLead Software Engineer
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/11/2019
Date Requisition Created12/11/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years designing, building and deploying software in IT.
- 2-5 years as a Database Administrator
- 2-5 years working with SQL/MySQL/Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Scripting (Python, Powershell, C++/C, R)
- Database Architecture
- Strong AWS (conversions to the Cloud)
- Application and database security is a plus
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you