Product Innovation Director - NIA
Job DescriptionProvide leadership in the formal design of the product development process and the monitoring of targeted products as they evolve through this cycle. Drives product strategy, concept design, solution implementation, and ongoing product maintenance. Through the use of full life-cycle product development, creates tangible business strategies, facilitates planning activities, executes activities, and measures results. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to research, pricing, conceptualizing, translating market research and needs, mobilizing design teams, providing product content expertise for implementing and launching new products and enhancements.
- Identifies and executes initiatives to transform the company`s products into more efficient and price sensitive offerings.
- Translates market and customer needs into recommendations and specifications for products, product features, and leverages creativity to design new solutions where new markets can be created.
- Provides product leadership and is responsible for end to end product development, go to market process, and leading multi-disciplinary teams for execution.
- Serves as the company`s product subject matter expert for strategic customer relationships.
- Through presentations and ongoing consultations provides information about trends, benchmarks and strategies to better position customer offerings.
- Prioritizes deliverables and translates into product roadmap.
- Negotiates at all levels, finding common ground and obtaining buy-in around strategies and tactics.
- Delivers professional presentations to senior leadership, external customers, and consultant audiences.
- Facilitates external vendor relationships and partnering to design and build strategic initiatives.
General Job Information
TitleProduct Innovation Director - NIA
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/27/2019
Date Requisition Created12/10/2019
Work ExperienceHealthcare, Management/Leadership, Marketing, Product Innovation/Development
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree field of study requirement will vary based on assigned business unit/client contract requirements.
- Experience in the coordination and collaboration of work teams and a proven track record of success while working in any of the following functional areas: Product Management and Development, or Program Operations.
- Proven track record of results and results oriented.
- Experience in the design, management, and implementation of products including the coordination and integration of all primary business functions.
- Must possess strong organizational, consultation and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and consultation skills in the areas of product development and analysis.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Comprehensive understanding of specialty product implementation and client needs/wants to creatively recommend product and services that is market competitive while meeting financial goals of the company.
- Knowledge of underwriting principles and guidelines.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.