Job DescriptionAccountable for Profit and Loss of the assigned account(s). Accountable for building day-to-day operational relationships with customers and setting and carrying out account growth and retention strategy. Responsible for monitoring specific account contract(s) to ensure performance complies with contractually required service levels and performance standards, internal policies, and state and federal regulations. Develops relationships with other account stakeholders that support achievement of strategic alignment. Partners with and coordinates the company account and internal resources to achieve business objectives, maintain account satisfaction, and ensure that the company's products and services support customers' needs.
- Customer Management:
- Owns overall account customer satisfaction for all assigned accounts.
- Develops strong relationships with key operational customers. Functions as the operational point of contact and drives client operational meetings.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that are supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements, including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Fully versed in all aspects of the contracts with assigned customers as well as ensuring ongoing contract performance.
- Creates and maintains strategic partnerships with customers through the development and implementation of annual account retention and growth plans that result in long term retention.
- Drives Account Review Presentations and Business Plans to achieve strategic account goals.
- Resolves or appropriately escalates customer service issues in conjunction with operations specific to the assigned account(s).
- Coordinates and assists in the preparation and presentation of reports for assigned accounts.
- Contract and Financial Management:
- Ensures revenue goals are met, expenses are managed and overall account profitability targets are attained. Develops action plans for deviations or negative budget variances identified.
- Ensures contract performance through SLA monitoring, required reporting, and operational requirements.
- Coordinates with the company's Compliance Department to help manage customer and company required audits. Assist with providing recommendations for process improvements to enhance compliance and productivity.
- Provides detailed analysis of non-compliant areas and recommend corrective action based on risk of financial penalties, sanctions and breach of contract.
- Consults with clients if programs or directives jeopardize the company?s compliance with federal guidelines.
- Follows internal compliance audit tools to incorporate contractual requirements, internal policies, state and federal regulations, including details of associated fines, sanctions or breach of contract issues if non-compliant.
- Opportunity Development:
- Identifies and communicates up-sell and renewal opportunities and activities across assigned account(s).Coordinates with other company subject matter experts for up-sell specifics.
- Assists with RFPs for Account Management responses with assigned accounts or other identified opportunities.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of all the company's products and how multiple products are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and clinical outcomes.
- Project Management:
- Leads coordinated efforts across the organization to implement new program changes for the client. Manages change control process with the company's Plan Administration, IT, Operations and other key Departments.
- Monitors weekly customer change memo logs for customer reporting.
- IT liaison for all change requirements, issues or enhancements.
- Monitors file logs for all required data exchanges.
General Job Information
TitleAccount Operations Executive
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/5/2019
Date Requisition Created12/5/2019
Work ExperienceAccount Management, Healthcare, Project/Program Management
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of broad-based Health Care experience including account management.
- Project management experience.
- Operations or Account Management experience in health and welfare benefits and/or health insurance industries.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you