Tribal Relations Program Manager
Phoenix AZ 85034
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the coordination of tribal members receiving services and residing in the Central region of Arizona with Tribal Governments. This individual will represent Magellan Complete Care (MCC) of Arizona and liaise with the tribal nations and tribal providers, promoting services and programs to improve the health of American Indian members. This includes determining service delivery needs, and collecting and exchanging information needed for providers to implement new programs as needed. This individual will be knowledgeable of evidenced based practices, best practices, clinical practice guidelines and recovery principles for American Indians, ensuring programs are developed and administered to be aligned with the local customer, government and Magellan priorities, and will incorporate recovery principles and best practices. This individual may assist with the process to develop programs that are defined by membership, number of providers in delivery system, customer start up resources available, and membership need.
- Develops collaborative relationships with Indian Health Services (IHS), Tribes, Tribal Organizations, Urban Indian Organizations (I/T/U) serving tribes in region for purposes of care coordination, which includes meetings and member data sharing.
- Facilitates coordination of care to include face to face meeting with children in residential facilities located of tribal lands, ensuring the child has communication with the tribal community.
- Communicates and collaborates with the tribal, county and state service delivery and legal systems and with the IHS and Tribal Facilities to coordinate the involuntary commitment process for American Indian members.
- Collaborates with the Tribes within region to provide mobile behavioral health and physical health services.
- Collaborates with state, IHS and Tribal Facilities in order to improve communication through the utilization of health information exchange in order to improve coordination of care and health outcomes for American Indian members.
- Attends and participates in all Tribal Consultation Meetings and collaborates with state to implement changes recommended by the AHCCCS Tribal Consultation meetings.
- Provides education and training courses to licensed and unlicensed physical and behavioral health personnel working on tribal lands.
- Assists in developing and providing in-service trainings for Indian health facilities, Indian Health Service, Tribally operated facility/program, and Urban Indian Health Program clinic (I/T/U) on utilization of services and behavioral health resources available to American Indian Communities located within the GSAs in Greater Arizona.
- Collaborates with tribes to build and/or utilize existing technological infrastructure, so that both telemedicine and telepsychiatry can occur on tribal lands, which may include partnership with local universities or other educational entities with community investment dollars that provide telemedicine.
General Job Information
TitleTribal Relations Program Manager
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/2/2019
Date Requisition Created12/2/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible health care administration experience (contract administration, physician/provider relations) with strong preference for managed care experience.
- Clinical experience, with preference toward program supervision or management.
- Thorough understanding of State, Federal and Tribal Governments and tribal sovereignty and thorough understanding of State, Federal and Tribal systems of care as it pertains to engagement and retention of Native American access to care.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Clinical licensure (i.e. LCSW, RN)
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”